Why choose a Jewellery Quarter investment?
The Jewellery Quarter is Birmingham’s most historic neighbourhood. It is this authenticity, combined with its community-feel that is making it so popular amongst the younger demographic, along with its wide range of independent shops, cafes, bars and restaurants.
The district’s proximity to the city centre’s major offices (a 15-minute walk), coupled with the M6 motorway just a 15-minute drive away, make the Jewellery Quarter a commuter’s dream, both in and out of the city. Against the backdrop of the many jewellers that still trade here and historic monuments like the Chamberlain Clock, the Jewellery Quarter has gained a contrasting reputation as the home to a much younger demographic and is widely considered to be one of Birmingham’s trendiest neighbourhoods.
The majority of residents are aged 21-30, most of whom will not yet be homeowners but instead long-serving members of ‘generation rent’. With little sign of this changing soon, the investment case remains as incredibly strong as ever, with an average price growth of 28% reported over the last three years.
Average rental prices have risen to around £930pcm and property in the area includes everything from luxury converted flats to loft-style apartments and townhouses. As Birmingham’s population grows, the Jewellery Quarter will remain heavily in demand.
Key Investment Highlights
- Outstanding on-site amenities including rooftop gardens, wellness studio and co-working lounge
- JLL predicts 19.2% price growth and 19.3% rental growth in Birmingham by 2027
- Average price growth of 28% reported over the last three years
- The neighbourhood has over 200 listed buildings
- Two-bedroom apartments averaging a 7.1% rental yield
- One of Birmingham’s most desirable neighbourhoods
Pricing & Deposit Structure
1 Bedroom Apartment
Prices from £245,000
2 Bedroom Apartment
Prices from £355,000
Completing Q1 2024
- Ideally located between the Jewellery Quarter and Birmingham’s Central Business District
- Beautifully designed new-build development
- Limited number of 1 and 2-bed units available off-plan for investors
- High-specification interiors and spacious, light-filled apartments
- Outstanding on-site amenities including landscaped rooftop gardens, a residents only wellness studio and co-working lounge
- Just a 3-minute walk from Birmingham Snow Hill station, 8-minutes from Colmore Row and 15-minutes from Bullring
- JLL’s most recent forecasts predict 19.2% price growth and 19.3% rental growth in Birmingham by 2027