Why choose a Birmingham city centre investment?
Birmingham city centre has long been considered a hotspot for UK property investment, but the past couple of years have solidified it as a choice for investors looking for high tenant demand, strong yields and excellent capital growth. Home to the largest financial and professional services sector in the UK outside of London, Birmingham plays host to key global businesses including HSBC, Goldman Sachs, PWC and KPMG, as well as a thriving digital and creative quarter that has produced some of the UK’s most successful startups.
Birmingham is in the top 3 UK cities visited for its shopping and retail, and has the most Michelin-Starred restaurants outside of the capital, making its cultural offering just as impressive as its professional landscape. With 60% of the population aged 35 and under and 80,000 students calling the city home, Birmingham’s population is one of the fastest-growing in the UK, attributing to the chronic undersupply of new homes available in the rental market and driving incredible levels of demand for high-quality accommodation.
Birmingham City Council has recently announced the ‘Our Future City Plan 2040‘, a 20-year regeneration framework that aims to bring the city to the forefront of innovation as well as introduce new green spaces, commercial, residential and retail properties and expand the city core. This is in addition to the already ongoing Big City Plan, which has delivered iconic landmarks including the Library of Birmingham, the Cube, Mailbox, Grand Central and more. Birmingham has been firmly placed in the spotlight in recent years, with the 2022 Commonwealth Games showcasing the city and adding an estimated £870 million to the UK economy, and huge projects like HS2 making it more accessible and feasible for those commuting to and from London.
Birmingham’s average property prices have risen by 33.4% over the past 5 years, and JLL predicts a further 19.2% price growth by 2027. Rents in Birmingham currently sit at an average of £1,636pcm, with 19.3% rental growth also forecast by 2027. With strong tenant demand, exciting regeneration plans and the city gaining increasing levels of traction globally, there’s never been a better time to invest in Birmingham Property.
Key Investment Highlights
- Prices from £239,200, 20% deposit required
- Enhanced specification apartments
- Rooftop garden and landscaped courtyards
- 33% Price growth over the past 5 years
- JLL predicts 19.2% price growth and 19.3% rental growth in Birmingham by 2027
- Off-Plan development – estimated completion Q2 2025
Pricing & Deposit Structure
20% Deposit Required
1 Bedroom Apartment
Prices from £239,200
2 Bedroom Apartment
Prices from £343,200
Estimated completion Q2 2025
- Ideally located between The Mailbox, The Cube and Grand Central
- Beautifully designed off-plan development – estimated completion Q2 2025
- 1 & 2-bedroom apartments available
- Enhanced specification and industrial-inspired interiors
- Rooftop garden and private terrace for residents, as well as two internal landscaped courtyards
- EWS 1 ‘A’ rating and EPC ‘B’ banding – in the top 10% of energy efficient homes in the country
- Just a 3-minute walk from The Mailbox, 10-minutes from Brindleyplace and 10-minutes from The Bullring
- JLL’s most recent forecasts predict 19.2% price growth and 19.3% rental growth in Birmingham by 2027